WCIAC Performance Pour
Location: 1258 19thStreet, Granite City Illinois
Join us at sundown in downtown Granite City Illinois for the traditional WCIAC Performance pour. And witness the spectacle of live art – fire, smoke, and flying molten iron. The performance pour is sure to be a one of a kind visual experience for those new to performance art and an inspiring event for those familiar.
- Joining us from South Dakota will be Christopher Meyer (don’t forget to sign up for the Reaction Mold workshop he is leading and get a mold into the act)
- David Barnum also from South Dakota will bring some “Thunder Boxes”
- Rich Stewart from San Diego and Bret Daniel from Milwaukee have a special rated treat in store.
- Phen Edwards and his crew from Denver will open the performance event with a fire dance and finish the evening’s performance with the always exciting “Phen wheel”.
- John Hachmeister from central Kansas will thrill with a thermite performance, and his neighbor slightly to the west Kurt Breshears, and participants will entertain the crowd with a spirited game of life sized “Hungry Hungry Hippos”.
Throughout the evening there will be molten iron flung at a soaked wooden wall that will burst into a crown of sparks and flame at each contact, this is a very unique and ritualistic act known as the “Dachahua”.
We look forward to these and all of the other events at the conference celebrating the 10thyear of the Western Cast Iron Art Alliance’s existence.
See you in Granite City in just a few short weeks!
Address any questions or concerns to: Tom Fox, 619-241-1185, firstname.lastname@example.org.